Running Log

Here's my running log that I'll update weekly. To view details of workouts, please visit this Google Docs page and highlight the workout. Additionally, you may choose to view my Strava profile. Last but not least, I've also started writing some race reviews on JustRunLah!



Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Phase

After some thought, I've decided that I'll take a break from the marathon for awhile and instead focus on shorter events(10k or less) cos' they'll be more relevant to NS. Furthermore, I think it's necessary to vary my training to maximise overall well-being, in spite of how long distances are therapeutic to me:)

For now I've decided to focus on the 10km distance, which would naturally provide spillover benefits to my 2.4km times. I've updated my training log accordingly. Mileage would definitely be less than before, though training intensity would be greater. After a few runs, I've noted that my fitness has dropped tremendously after a 3 week break since Standard Chartered 2012 due to holidays and all, yet I think that can be regained within a few weeks.

I'm thinking of including 3 main running workouts - a long run, a tempo run and intervals - and 2 strength training sessions. Have yet to figure how to schedule these while ensuring sufficient rest.

Nonetheless I'm looking forward to what God has in store for me over the next few months ~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment