Running Log

Here's my running log that I'll update weekly. To view details of workouts, please visit this Google Docs page and highlight the workout. Additionally, you may choose to view my Strava profile. Last but not least, I've also started writing some race reviews on JustRunLah!



Saturday, February 6, 2016

Return

Return to God, return to running. Remember this.

The IT band injury took me out of pain-free running for a good three months (end Sept '15 till early Jan '16). Despite countless rehabilitation exercises or keeping off from physical activity, it seemed to persist.

Until one day, on the 3rd January 2016, I uttered a prayer during service in Bartley Christian Church. The intention was to put God first, put personal goals, dreams, even joys - behind. And then came recovery and restoration.

I choose to attribute my physical restoration to God's healing hand. It's been more than a month and my IT band hasn't flared at all since the miraculous, instantaneous recovery. As for my spiritual and emotional transformation towards surrender, it is in the process. Yet here I write this, lest I forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment