Running Log

Here's my running log that I'll update weekly. To view details of workouts, please visit this Google Docs page and highlight the workout. Additionally, you may choose to view my Strava profile. Last but not least, I've also started writing some race reviews on JustRunLah!



Thursday, May 4, 2017

Income Eco Run 2017





Zero waste runner.

Ben and I participated in the last 3 editions in this race and this time, Wen Shien was joining us!

I recall it was back in December 2016 (if my memory's to be trusted) that we registered for this event at a really affordable rate. As the months passed, we managed to get in a little bit of training together, in addition to the Wheel Walk Jog (4km~) event a week prior.

Humidity. The enemy of just about every runner in Singapore. He was present, even early in the morning of that Sunday. According to our previous plans, our aim was to complete the 10k in 50mins. I was particularly hopeful for that because I had witnessed Wen Shien's dedication to running regularly.

The route was typical of a run held in this vicinity. After all, how many options does Singapore provide. Wen Shien was moving along steadily, while Ben seemed to develop some discomfort about halfway through. I was torn between sticking with Ben and pressing on with Wen Shien, both of whom would certainly benefit from company.

I lingered with Ben will about 7km where I decided I wanted to help Wen Shien to perform as well as possible, just as I had encouraged Ben a few year's back when we ran a fast race.

By then, participants of the 21km category had merged with us, therefore it meant a substantial amount of weaving. On a brighter note, this meant many individuals to catch up with.

The last few km must have been excruciating. I've experienced the battle of the mind where only by sheer will and some foolishness urges one past previously discovered boundaries. In the end, as Wen Shien and I passed the finish line, I certainly was satisfied.

This race means much to me. I do enjoy a running and furthermore, a race that supports a worthy cause, but paramount to me is the company - one which I foresee will last - and this is my greatest joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment