Running Log

Here's my running log that I'll update weekly. To view details of workouts, please visit this Google Docs page and highlight the workout. Additionally, you may choose to view my Strava profile. Last but not least, I've also started writing some race reviews on JustRunLah!



Sunday, March 3, 2013

Discover

I'm serving NS at present, entering my 3rd week of BMT. 

On the physical side, we've done our first IPPT. We've also learnt a variety of strange exercises and warm ups/cool downs. Our first AGR was miserably slow despite the group being the fastest 25% of people. Hopefully they will commence the "progressive" part of the training quickly. Overall PT is quite comfortable, but in my opinion, too comfortable for me to see any improvement in my running.

The other side that many of us had to adapt to is our physical capabilities when we're handling our combat equipment cos' it's shockingly bulky and heavy at first. Being on the lighter end of the weighing scale, these equipment constitute a larger percentage of my body mass hence I'm assuming it's relatively more uncomfortable for me.

Apart from the physical side, NS has been an awesome experience though I started to feel the accumulated fatigue of our 2 weeks of confinement after the 10th day. New friendships, many restrictions - yet all these helped me find God.

I've realised that a key for feeling great about NS was to embrace every day in its entirety and to view every episode as an experience for growth.

Field camp week ahead ~

No comments:

Post a Comment