Running Log

Here's my running log that I'll update weekly. To view details of workouts, please visit this Google Docs page and highlight the workout. Additionally, you may choose to view my Strava profile. Last but not least, I've also started writing some race reviews on JustRunLah!



Monday, September 17, 2012

Race Against Cancer 2012

My second race thus far, suggested by Ben. Signed up for the 15k with the guys. The girls signed up for 10k. The race was to take place at East Coast Park on the 22nd July, 2012.

The night before the race, we stayed over at Zhiting's place. Barely got any sleep though, perhaps it was due to the different sleeping environment and my nervousness about this run. I was intent on doing a decent timing for this run, preferably about 1:15 - 1:20, averaging about 5min/km.

Reached venue promptly at 7:20 or so, rushed over to the start point, and we were off. When we began, I certainly felt the fatigue due to the poor night's rest. I don't recall many details, but I know the first km was passed at around 5:40 due to the crowd. I reached the 7km mark at about 37. I was on track for a sub 1:20 timing, but the pace was relaxed, hence I was convinced that a negative split was possible. If I remember, I hit the 12k mark slightly above an hour. Sped up for the last 3k(though I didn't manage my pace well) and finished in 1:14:13. I'm estimating my 7.5k splits were 39/35min. 


The home stretch - I take a particular liking to this photograph. Credit to Danik Salasalan for the photograph.

Upon completion, met Zhiting who finished her 10k in a commendable 1:02, then found Joanna(1:05 for 10km). Subsequently, found Jiajun(1:28 for 15km). We were wondering where Ben and Bryan were. After eternity, they arrived. I shan't post their timings to protect their pride:)

Friends from church:)

Those from church left subsequently. Waited for my amazing classmate & ex-schoolmate. Both arrived about 40mins after the 15k flag off. Nic Soh and Hao Bai completed eventually, though with horrible gun timings;D


We certainly'll be doing more races;) SCMS?

RAC was definitely a pleasant race experience, the race was comfortable, with hydration(pocari sweat/water) available every 2k and it wasn't too crowded. Post-race refreshments were satisfying as well. However, event-tee sizings were rather limited. Personally I'd have preferred a smaller and less 'fluttery' shirt. Nonetheless, a highly recommended race!

No comments:

Post a Comment