Running Log

Here's my running log that I'll update weekly. To view details of workouts, please visit this Google Docs page and highlight the workout. Additionally, you may choose to view my Strava profile. Last but not least, I've also started writing some race reviews on JustRunLah!



Friday, October 12, 2012

Desire

22km long run today, along marymount road, amk ave 6, lentor ave, yishun ave 1, turned at miltonia. A time of 1:04:08/2:08:09. The pace is probably suited for a sub-4 time, factoring in the traffic junctions which possibly totaled 5 mins.

I decided to carry a 300ml bottle filled with gatorade. Practiced hydrating at approximately every 3k(100ml or so per 3k). I'm intending to skip the first 3 water points at SCMS, instead relying on a tiny bottle, after hearing from an experienced BMW pacer that the initial water points would be packed with runners. I finished my bottle at 9k, took the gel(powerbar green apple), washed it down with water, refilled my bottle, continued w the run. Stomach felt midly uncomfortable though discomfort dissipated after about 4k. Will try my other gels(shotz/GU)  I recently purchased during my next few long runs. 

Initial 15km felt comfortable, though towards the last few ks, due to the repeated ascents/descents, legs fatigued. However, the worst part came after I finished the run. After about 15mins, legs felt terribly sore. Thankfully, they were definitely not on the verge of cramps. However, this means I may have to avoid coming to a complete stop during the race lest I cannot bring my legs to continue.

Right now as I'm typing this, my knees are pretty uncomfortable when I try to straighten them. Hopefully they'll be good enough for me to do another run tomorrow morning. Hoping do to 15k at sub-4 pace.


"Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment." 

Jim Rohn

This statement resonates cos' for much of my life, I have worked hard to achieve what I want. Of course, I've had episodes of good fortune or perhaps divine blessing, yet much of what I achieve is attained through discipline. I certainly do not excel in any aspect, yet I think I have sufficient mental drive to pursue most of my hopes.

As much, I desire to meet my sub-4 goal - and I have been putting in effort to achieve it. However, in the midst of my excitement, satisfaction and worries regarding the upcoming race, I have to continually pray that I remember the greatest thing, person, friend in my life. Though not merely remember, instead worship, in whatever I may do. 

When I do that and only when I do that, "will I walk away from the finish line satisfied, no matter what the outcome, and that will be a satisfaction that no one can take away from me".

Thank you Jem for an apt reminder

No comments:

Post a Comment