Running Log

Here's my running log that I'll update weekly. To view details of workouts, please visit this Google Docs page and highlight the workout. Additionally, you may choose to view my Strava profile. Last but not least, I've also started writing some race reviews on JustRunLah!



Sunday, October 28, 2012

Source

Likely to have peaked last week, hitting 80km/50miles, with at least 50km done at marathon pace. Did a slower run with Anmol and Joel on Wed and some faster runs. Doubtful if I'll go beyond that over the next few weeks due to the onset of exams.

Been experimenting with different gels over the past 3 weeks. Thus far, I've tried Powerbar, Carb-Boom, GU and Shotz. Powerbar did seem too gooey though it did make me feel better. My stomach agreed with Carb-Boom though I couldn't feel its effects(note that it is higher in complex carbs), as opposed to my long runs where I consumed Shotz(cola vanilla, 80mg caffeine) or GUs and seemed slightly fresher. 

For the run, I'll be carrying a 300ml bottle for the first 6-9km, filled with Gatorade in order to avoid hydration stations. Subsequently, I'll probably consume Carb-Boom gels at 0:45 & 1:30. Then I'll use GUs(non-caffeinated) at 2 & 2:30. Then a caffeinated GU at 3, and possibly Shotz Cola Vanilla at 3:30. However, there are aid stations providing gels at approximately 21/33km into the run, so that coincides with a 2 and 3:05 into the run. Have yet to test a non-caffeinated Shotz. If it works well, I'll probably use the gels they provide instead.

Right now my mind's preoccupied mostly with studies and the run. Andrew shared a short devotion yesterday and it was an apt reminder.

In summary,

...the pride of life - comes not from the Father but from the world.
1 John 2:16

I need to get my motivations from the correct source. And with that I want to excel knowing who I am running for and who provides me with the opportunity and ability to run. Just as Dick Hoyt recognises who he runs, swims and cycles for.


The expanse of the Father's love.

No comments:

Post a Comment